To quit or not to quit, is that even supposed to be a question?
Let’s look at the odds, shall we:
Pros If I quit…
- I could save money! That alone should be reason enough. A pack of cigarettes here in Canada is ridiculous! It’s way cheaper to die in the Philippines 🙂
- I’ll live longer! Another good reason. Studies say you lose a percentage of your life per stick of smoke, but who’s counting?
- Food will taste better. I think I still enjoy my food, thank you very much.
- I won’t have stinky cigarette smell. But that’s why I always have colognes and sanitizers and breath mints handy
- I won’t have people telling me to quit!
Cons If I quit…
- I’ll gain weight. Smoking burns calories and is an appetite suppressant, which means quitting would only make me eat more and burn less. But then again, I’m already gaining weight and I haven’t even quit smoking yet.
- I’ll be irritable and moody and snappy and anxious. Hmmm, sounds just like PMS… I guess it’s not that bad then.
- Withdrawal will be hell… The physical symptoms of withdrawal I could deal with, but I don’t think I can handle the emotional and mental symptoms… Not here far away from home anyway.
Ok, maybe I’m just over thinking this quitting thing, maybe it won’t be that bad. Maybe I won’t go through those really bad withdrawal phase. But I’m not ready to quit yet. Don’t get me wrong, I am going to quit, sometime, but not right now (sorry mom!)