Ok, this is becoming a habit, but I am absolutely not complaining, in fact, I don’t mind getting more because I just enjoy the limelight :). I just can’t believe that other bloggers are actually reading my blog, and nominating me for all these precious awards! But seriously, I can’t thank you enough. These little surprises really makes my day.
Thank you to Patricia of P. C. Zick for the Versatile blogger nomination and to my dear Cynthia of Seasons and Impressions for the Sunshine, One Lovely Blog and Inspiring blogger nominations. You are both such inspiring bloggers, I feel humbled by your nominations.
I feel that since I joined these 4 nominations in one post, I could give you 10 random things about me and nominate 20 more bloggers for the award.
Here are 10 random things about me:
- I am not exactly a “Fashionista”, but I really take great consideration about what I wear. From the hidden garments to outerwear to accessories. I always want to look my best, to the one looking back at me from the mirror, at least.
- I brought about 15 pairs of shoes with me to Canada from the Philippines, and left (some left some I had to give away) about 14 more pairs back home 😦
- I am always mistaken for a Korean or Japanese, even by fellow Filipinos.
- I don’t like wearing make up. I only use pressed powder (to keep the shine away), lipstick (so I wouldn’t look like I saw a ghost all the time) and blush (to hide some of my freckles), which usually disappears after lunch
- When it comes to keeping in shape, like running or just walking for exercise, I am way too lazy for my own good. Sometimes just thinking or planning to go jogging after work makes me tired, so I end up lounging in the garden or in front of the TV.
- I take such great pride in my garden. All of our potted plants and even most of what we have planted on the ground I started from seed and they are all doing really good. Not bad for a novice.
- I used to be really thin and sickly as a child. And because my mom always had to force feed me (and my sister), she would usually give in to whatever food request we made just to make sure we eat. Now she has to force us to STOP eating 🙂
- I love kids and have a really soft spot for old people as well. I feel like just taking care of them.
- I wanted to take up either Psychology or Architecture (way different, I know) as a kid but ended up studying Communication Arts instead.
- I dream of winning the lottery and building a big house in the Philippines where my whole family can live together.
I recommend that you visit these 20 bloggers I nominate because they are my inspiration to do good in my own blog:
Ramblin’ through Dave’s Garden
Well, that’s that. Again thank you.
11 thoughts on “Sunshine award and some…”
Hiya pal! Awards well deserved and thanks for the nominations.
Hi! Thank you for passing on to me another 2 awards. By the way, we have some things in common. Many people here in Australia would think that I’m Chinese or Vietnamese..and yes, even our fellow Filipinos! Also, both of us think of our family in the Philippines. The desire to share whatever we have is always there because our love for them is overflowing. Feel so blessed to be following you and I’m honored to be followed by a person like you!
Congratulations on your award! And thanks for sharing it with me!
You are so kind to share the love with little ‘ole me. We love following you! Thanks for the blog friendship and many congratulations for the recognition you so richly deserve!
Congratulations and thank you! You now have a garden of blogging awards 🙂
I should probably start fertilizing them so they could bear fruit. LOL
Congratulations on all your awards and thanks so much for passing them on to me. It was also a lot of fun learning more about you in this post.
Congratulations on your awards. You are so sweet and thoughtful to think of us and nominate us. We are happy you enjoy our blog we certainly enjoy yours. We will add you to our list. Hugs and nose kisses
Thank you for your very kind words. Everyone has told me I needed to blog regularly and I wasn’t sure why until I started doing it two months ago. It’s been a wonderful journey because I’m meeting so many new friends! I love your writing style because it’s naturally conversational and has a distinct voice – keep it up!