Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles
You’re going on a cross-country trip. Airplane, train, bus, or car? (Or something else entirely — bike? Hot air balloon?)
I love to travel, but the problem is I dislike traveling. Does that make sense?
How do I explain this…? I love the beach, I enjoy vacationing in other countries, I appreciate the sights and sounds of places I haven’t been before, but there’s something about the actual travel, the process of getting me where I want to go, that’s kind of making me a bit uneasy.
I hate road trips, whether car, bus or train. It’s too long and tiring. I know that you can enjoy sightseeing better on the road, but it’s a pain in the butt, literally, plus I have motion sickness so, yeah. Cycling is tiring but fulfilling, in a way, but it’ll only take me so far.
I guess flying is better and faster, but frantic because you have to be there ahead of time to check in then waste time waiting then hurry to get on the plane, then waste time again waiting then hurry again. Hot air balloon would be a nice sightseeing way to travel, but it would sure be a nightmare to steer.
If only somebody would invent a special traveling machine where it could transport you from one place to another in a blink of an eye, now that’s my ideal mode of transportation. Like a time space-time continuum… Right?
Maybe the guys from Big Bang can make me one…
Other Daily Prompters:
- Daily Prompt: Travel | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Crosscountry by Motorcycle | The Rider
- Road Trip!!! | Mary Angelini Photography
- Trains, Planes, and Automobiles | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: The Best Mode Of Travel | Mindful Splatter
- Come away with me | Musings of a Suburban Creampuff
- 26|6 Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles | family photos food & craft
- Taking It Slow | Tony’s Texts
- Hitching A Ride (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Travel Through My Tears #dailyprompt #travel #photography | Moondustwriter’s Blog
- Waiting at the bus stop | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles | The Educated Illiterates
- Poem: Sweet, Smooth And Safe Flying | Wise Counsel
- Nanuschka’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles | بيسان
- Word Travels | The Temenos Journal
- Hot Air Balloon Over Goreme Valley | Not the Family Business!
- Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles | Under the Monkey Tree
- Automobiles | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- How Not To Get There | clarior e tenebris
- Trains and Planes and Automobiles, Oh My! [Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles] | unknowinglee
- A B C T. | ayimas
- Share the lift with my dog please? |
- Top Ten Things ~ Train Travel | Spirit Lights The Way
- Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes and Automobiles | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Post: Trains, Planes and Automobiles // 365 Day 144 – Travel | AmiLoo’s Photography
- On Foot… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles – show us TRAVEL. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Hop on and Buckle Up | hansolosvagina
- On the Road | A Day in the Life
- Daily Prompt: Travel | MyBlog – solaner
- The fruited plain | Relax…
- Daily Prompt: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles | mgloff
- Cross Country Travel | A Short A Day
- 150. Traveling with a baby!!! Daily Prompt | Sofie’s Diary
- Daily Prompt: The Prevost and Me | One Starving Activist
- How I Travel | downtownnokomis
- Vacation logistics: getting the led out | Rob’s Surf Report