Heck, I didn’t even want to think about August, or blues for that matter…
Anyway, back-to-school hype (which is May in the Philippines because school starts June over there) when I was a schoolbag-toting, uniform-wearing, Catholic school girl was the best part of school!
New shoes, new school bag, new books, new notebooks, new pens, oh, and did I mention how much of a sucker I am when it comes to school supplies? Plus the thought of seeing old friends and making new ones is always exciting.
But now, the thought of summer ending leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All I feel is dread as the coming months loom over my head. I know what’s coming as I see my garden starting to get tired. The prolific apple tree in our backyard, with its heavy branches drooping with fruit, starts to litter the weaker apples all over the ground. Some of the summer flowering plants are starting to hang their heads, getting ready to store their energies for next year.
Though I still get awestruck by how beautiful and colourful autumn can be, the gradual drop in temperature is like a slow freeze to my soul.
I just wish mother earth will be ever so kind this year and give us a mild winter. Please?
(Daily Prompt: August Blues
As a kid, were you happy or anxious about going back to school? Now that you’re older, how has your attitude toward the end of the summer evolved?)
Other Daily Prompt entries:
- Perspectives on life, universe and everythingAncient
- Perspectives on life, universe and everythingRelax, will you! 🙂
- From Balderdash To Epiphany.Another Season Gone
- Sweat, Tears and Digital InkWriting the seasons: Autumn
- Fictions in FlashesIf I Could (Daily Prompt)
- Vexing PointAugust Blues
- psychologistmimiAs I am faced with the August Blues, It’s an honor to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Award
- Thoughts of a Misfit JunkieThe hues of the School Blues
- Designer SophisticateSummer can be too long.
- Pepper ConnectionSeason Change, Schedule Change?
- Just Writing!School Days
- The Undaunted Blue Madness Of My LifeAS A KID I HATED SCHOOL!
- Dr D in OzThe first of Warmth
- Cardinal GuzmanSpider Web
- Indira’s BlogDaily Prompt- August Blues
- afostinisThere and back again…
- Rideo, Ergo SuperoBoys of Summer
- yas often as we
- The Sunny Narrative.Back to school? Ye… uh.. nope!
- DCMontreal: Blowing the Whistle on SocietyThe sacrilege of going back to school in August
- A Little Fluff
- Scorched IceDP: Fall is Coming
- Mario TypesThe Holidays
- oneseventwentyfourteenMe and Mr Winter don’t see eye to eye
- Mario TypesThe Summer
- FlippyZipFlopNope… Don’t want to see him go.
- Prairie ViewsAfter Labor Day The World Changes
- Daily PromptSummer? I Didn’t Even Notice…
- Bringing worlds together in my kitchenSaved by the school bell….
- She’s RamblingEven more happy, School is back in Session
- soul n spiritCELEBRATIONS ON !!!
- DestinoAugust Ending: Daily Post
- My Simple LifeThe First Day
- torschlusspanikAugust Blues
- sarahscapesaugust blues
- My Journey to Find MeFall: Another Season of Change
- the masculine pen“The Learnings of September Now Come Early…” The Daily Post
- TD421Why I Like Back to School (It has nothing to do with the kids)
- Writer’s AbodeAugust blues : Then as a kid and now as a parent..!!
- Pippakin Talks Cats, Dogs, Teeth and Claws
- Moments Thru LensBack to School Days…
- ExposureAugust Blues
- Chronicles of an Anglo SwissAugust Blues – just an extension of July really.
- seikaiha’s blah-blah-blahAugust Blues
- bianca . paige . smithSeptember brings…
- joatmon14Thought Heard Round The World
- chase n chance ranchAugust Blues
- practicallyseriousWhy Back-to-School Season Sucks for Everybody
- Life HappensAugust Blues
- Avalon Reviews + FlashSummer’s End – A Flash Fiction
- Robert JepsonChange
- New ChapterRemembering my school years
- Flowers and BreezesDifferent Phases
- lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-BrownWaiting for the Bell
- Life is greatAugust Blues
- If I wasn’t anxious, I would be happy – Vintage 1956
- debooWORKSAugust Blues
- Traversing LinesTempus Fugit
- Prompt Me PleaseEnd of Summer?
- thinkdreamdoBack to School Haiku(s): Mother and Son
- Cheri SpeakBidding Adieu to Summer
- djgarcia94Not When You’re Homeschooled
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am“Mom! I”m BORED!”
- Hola.Professional Student 🙂
- daily doses of meNegative Vibes on School
- writingindevizesSommer solls noch sein
- A lot from LydiaCheers
- SERENDIPITYSUMMER LIES HEAVY IN THE DEEP GREEN LEAVES
- Soul Curry n RiceMy school boy journey started at 21
- STAY AWAY, SWEET MISERYI Kinda Need That Hundred and Four Days of Summer Vacation
- my dearest cassandraFood for Thought (Response to August Blues Daily Prompt)
- Shooting StarAugust August!
- Spade Thoughts27.08.14 – Back to School
- My Daily MinefieldDeath Knell for Freedom aka 1st Day