Khana of Khana’s Web, a really respected writer and artist, nominated me for the WordPress Family Award. I’m actually speechless. I have been hiding within the pages of wordpress not really thinking about connecting to anyone, just wanted to lose myself in the words of others. But I guess with every liked post, with every comment, you do connect. And I am extremely grateful and extremely touched, Khana.
Ok, to accept this I have to do a few things first:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
Here are my 10 WordPress family nominees:
1. Thank you for reminding me how beautifully passionate and romantic our Filipino language is – 25pesocupnoodles.wordpress.com
2. Thank you for the friendship you have given me and my furry kids – weliveinaflat.wordpress.com
3. Thank you for the affinity and affiliation being both in a country other than our own – heretherebespiders.com
4. Thank you for the spiritual encouragement when I needed it the most – foreverpoetic.me
5. Thank you for connecting when I needed personal affirmation- layedbacklife.wordpress.com
6. Thank you for dancing with me when I was running on empty – ngtolentino.wordpress.com
7. Thank you for introducing me to a blogger who has inspired me to love my life – superlolongpinoy.wordpress.com
8. Thank you for reviving in me my love of “reading on trains” – likereadingontrains.wordpress.com
9. Thank you for always being such an inspiration – pczick.wordpress.com
10. And just because your presence in my blog always make me smile, Thank you – whatsgoingonatmumsys.wordpress.com, shewantstowrite.wordpress.com and littleprince68.wordpress.com
Please visit their blogs and maybe they’ll inspire you as much as they did me.
There are days when life could be unbearable.
I just have to remind myself,
I don’t always have to face it head on.
Sometimes, it would be better if
I would take a moment
To close my eyes
and just breathe…
It wouldn’t make things better,
But it would, for that brief period,
Give me a sense of peace
Knowing that I should still be grateful
To be alive.
More than once I have been asked, if I were to live my life over, go through all the those bumps and stumbles, pains and hurts, trips and falls one more time, what part would I skip. And every time I would give the same answer – NONE!
Yes, I have gone through a lot,
But with every experience I learned…
with every pain I learned to accept what is thrown at me;
with every hurt I learned to be strong for myself more than for anyone else;
with every tear I learned to value and treasure each smile and each laughter;
with every smile I learned to appreciate every moment spent with loved ones;
with every embrace I learned to recognize my own fragility;
and with every learning I came to be who I am now…
I am who I am, from the way I act and react to the way I think and feel, aged and matured because of experience more than the years.
And I have all of you to thank…
you who have been part of my past…
you who have inflicted me with pain, sorrow, despair, misery…
you who have given me happiness, joy, excitement, pleasure…
you who have taught me to be strong, to fight, to concede, to yield…
you whom I have loved, served, hurt, ignored…
I have learned my life lessons from all of you, and I will never have it any other way.
So, thank you.
For everything that you’ve done for me
For teaching me to be independent
Learned to do things on my own
Learned to go places by myself
Learned to wake up in the middle of the night without you beside me
Learned to go to bed alone without you there to talk to
Learned to sleep by myself not looking for a warm body to hug
For teaching me to be strong
Learned to fend for myself
Learned to defend myself
Learned to not care about what others would think about me
Learned to hold my head high despite the tears
Learned to create a life for myself since didn’t feel I was part of yours
For teaching me to be a fighter
Learned to fight the urge to cry
Learned to fight away the tears
Learned to fight the longing I feel for you
Learned to fight the loneliness of not being with you
Learned to fight the yearning of being your girl again
Strength is learning how to see things from a different perspective, no matter how hard.
**Posted back in 2008 in Multiply